- April 16th Potluck inception at the Iron Rail. Hello, world!
- April 23rd Organizing potluck: Who are we?
- April 30rd Organizing potluck: Why are we?
- May 7th Skillshare: Bookbinding!
- May 14th Discussion: “Her Smoke Rose Up Forever” by James Tiptree Jr.
- May 21st Potluck
- May 25th Vegan Brunch Fundraiser
- May 28th Fundraiser report back
- June 4th Potluck
- June 11th Potluck
- June 18th Workshop: Ladies Night Mixtape
- June 25th Discussion: “Age, Race, Class & Sex: Women Redefining Difference” by Audre Lord
- July 2nd Iron Rail Worknight: Making a Safe Space
- July 9th Potluck
- July 16th Potluck
- October 16th Welcome back!
October 23rd Pre-Halloween!
- November 6th Potluck
- November 13th Potluck
- November 20th Potluck
- December 3rd Film screening: Teeth
- December 10th Poetry Share
December 17th Skillshare: Crochet
- January 7th Workshop: Zine Night
- January 14th Film screening: Cannibal Women of the Avocado Jungle of Death
- January 21st Workshop: Mardi Gras Masks
- January 28th Skillshare: Artisan Bartending
- February 4th Workshop: Zine Night
February 11th Muses Pre-Party
- February 18th Post Mardi Gras Detox Potluck
- February 25th Discussion: “The Coming Insurrection” by the Invisible Committee
- March 11th Film screening: Persepolis
- March 18th Workshop: Letter writing to women political prisoners
March 25th Skillshare: Making mead April 1st Discussion: “Why She Doesn’t Give a Fuck About Your Insurrection” April 8th Workshop: Know Your Rights April 15th Film screening: The Princess & the Frog
APRIL 16TH, 2010 LADIES NIGHT ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY <3<3<3
- April 22nd Workshop: Crafter Dark
- September 18th Potluck: Welcome back
- October 10th Potluck Brunch & Discussion: “Why She Doesn’t Give a Fuck About Your Insurrection”
Pretty sure that we met at least a few times between October 2010 and May 2011 for some regular, ol’ shoot-the-shit-with-your-fellow-feminist-pals action. Alas, the records from that period are lacking.
APRIL 16TH, 2011 LADIES NIGHT IS TWO YEARS OLD <3<3<3
- May 1st
- May 29th Class introductions & syllabus
- June 5th Foreword & “Quiet Rumors: An Introduction to this Anthology” by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- June 12th “Anarcha-Feminism: Two Statements” by Red Rosa & Black Maria & “Feminism as Anarchism” by Lynne Farrow
- June 19th “Socialism, Anarchism, and Feminism” by Carol Ehrlich
- June 26th “Anarchism: the Feminist Connection” by Peggy Kornegger
- July 3rd “Voltairine DeCleyre: An Introduction” by Marian Leighton & “The Making of an Anarchist” by Voltairine DeCleyre
- July 10th “Untying the Knot: Feminism, Anarchism, and Organisation” by CS, “The Tyranny of Structurelessness” by Jo Freeman aka Joreen and “The Tyranny of Tyranny” by Cathy Levine
- July 17th “The Tragedy of Women’s Emancipation” by Emma Goldman
- July 24th “Make Your Own Tea: Women’s Realm and Other Recipes and Patterns” by Alice Nutter
- August 7th Rote Zora & Mujeres Creando
- August 14th Practical applications & the future
OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW
- August 21st Potluck Brunch
- August 28th Potluck Brunch
September 3rd Smashlorette PartyRained out!
- September 4th Organizational housekeeping
TINY FALL BREAK & NEW LADIES NIGHT/FREE SCHOOL TERM
- September 25th “Contemporary Feminist Literature” readings submission
- October 2nd Readings submission
October 8th CFL Reader Binding PartyOccupy NOLA
- October 9th Ladies Night at Occupy NOLA
- October 16th Ladies Night returns home! Printing & binding resumes!
- October 21st Last call for submissions
- October 23rd Binding continues
- October 30th “Contemporary Feminist Literature” becomes “Contemporary Radical Feminisms”; Reader release!
PRESENT–CONTEMPORARY RADICAL FEMINISMS
- November 6th “Why Misogynists Make Great Informants” by Courtney Desiree Morris
- November 13th “Transforming communities: community-based responses to partner abuse” by Vanessa Huang from The Revolution Starts At Home
- November 20th “Men: Comrades in Struggle” by bell hooks from Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center